Thursday, January 28, 2010

Get Your Taxes Done For Free!

Income under $50,000? Then You Can Save Money
January 21st- April 10th
Tuesdays & Thursdays 5pm-8pm
Saturdays, 10am-3pm

* IRS-certified volunteer tax preparers
*Quick refunds to bank account or specail debit card
*File even if you don't owe taxes: you may qualify for money from the government (EITC)


This is Sponsored by the Middlesex VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) Coalition Partners include Middlesex United Way and Middlesex Coalition for Children. Must Call 211 for the Appointment, why pay for someone to do your taxes, don't you want ALL your money?

What you need to bring-
* Valid picture ID
*Social Security cards or Individual Taxpayer ID Number (ITIN) for you, your spouse and any dwpendents with you born before Dec. 31, 2009
*Birth dates foryou, your spouse and dependents
*Income documentation including W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, etc. from all employers
*Interest and dividend statements from banks or other financial institution (Forms 1099)
*Total paid for child care, if any. Bring the child care provider's name, address and tax ID or Social Security number
*Last year's federal and state tax returns, if available
*Current year's tax package, if you received one
*Education expenses and student loan information, if any
* Documentation of property tax payments (home, auto)
*If you wish to itemize deductions you also need to bring a list of your medical, interest, charitable donation, miscellaneous expenses and a list of the taxes you paid

*If you took advantage of any of the special tax credits related to the Economic Recovery Act (first-time home buyer, purchase of a new care after Feb. 16, energy improvements, etc.), please bring all related documents (price paid, receipts, taxes, etc.)
*If you run a small private business (day care, handyman, etc), documentation of income and expenses
*If you are married filing jointly, bring your spouse

No comments: